- Roller skating, like all sports, has risks that should be considered before attempting roller skating. Even fully trained skaters have the risk of injury due to the nature of skating on roller skates. Accidents can occur through one’s own lack of skill and experience, or by colliding with another skater. Our staff is trained in rink traffic control, basic first aid, and proper skate surface maintenance.
- For this reason, skaters shall be aware of the risk as skaters and that accidents can happen. If you are a beginner, we highly recommend you consider taking lessons with our qualified roller skating instructors (offered Saturdays) prior to attempting roller skating. Skateworld, the management and any staff of Skateworld shall not be held liable for any accident or injury to any customer or third party.
- All skaters shall properly behave and observe all rules. Skaters shall fulfill their obligation to take care of themselves and their children. Skateworld San Diego works hard to lower accident rates. Our staff can and will stop skaters who are skating too fast, weaving in and out of skater traffic, stopping inside the main track, skating across the center of the skating surface, skating in reverse direction(clockwise), carrying inappropriate objects, lifting children up while on skates, etc. Failure to abide by the skate guard’s instructions shall be subject to eviction of the rink. Skateworld, the management and any staff of Skateworld shall be held liable for any accident or injury caused by offenders to him/herself or third party.
- Parents/Guardian should be aware of the existence of risks to their children who go roller skating. Injuries to the head, hands and bones can happen through improperly laced skates, lack of skating skill and experience, collision with another skater, etc. We highly recommend parents to consider providing their children with safety gear either from a sports store or available for purchase at our Skate Shop. We also recommend taking your children to roller skating lessons with our qualified skating instructors prior to attempting this sport. Neither the owner, the management and any staff of Skateworld San Diego shall be held liable for any accident or injury.
- Skaters are forbidden from bringing food and drinks on the skating surface. We encourage you to put all your personal belongings and valuable items into the lockers offered for rent on the rink premises. Neither the owner, the management and any staff of Skateworld shall be responsible for the loss, theft or damage to any property or valuable belongings of any skater or visitor. No personal belongings or valuables shall be entrusted to any Skateworld employee.
- In accordance with this disclaimer, neither the owner, the management nor any staff of Skateworld shall be held liable or responsible for an accident whether caused by the skater him/herself or any collision with other skaters. The skating surface is extremely slippery and the skates can cause serious injury. Take these risks into account before you attempt this sport.
- Skateworld offers pre-sale tickets for Skate School, Public Skate sessions, Special Events, and other items online. We do not offer refunds for any tickets purchased in advance online or at the door. For payment issues or questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (253) 292-1498
- Times and prices are subject to change without notice. Be sure to review our skating calendar on our Hours and Pricing page to verify that our calendar fits with yours.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed, except for personal water bottles. No in and outs allowed.
- Birthdays and Events have different terms and conditions. Please click to read more Birthday Party and Private Event Terms and Conditions
This site is owned and operated by Skateworld Tacoma. Materials contained on or obtained through this site, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images, data, audio and video (collectively, the “Materials”) are owned or licensed by Skateworld Tacoma. Any use of any of the materials on this site other than for private, non-commercial viewing purposes is strictly prohibited without prior written consent from Skateworld Tacoma. The sale, auction, lease, loan, gift, trade, or use of any of the text, graphics, photographs, audio and/or video material, or stills from audiovisual material or any other materials contained herein, for any other purpose, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed, including the use of any of the aforementioned materials on any other web site or networked computer environment, without prior written consent from Skateworld Tacoma, is expressly prohibited. The creation of derivative works based on the materials contained herein including, but not limited to, products, services, fonts, icons, link buttons, wallpaper, desktop themes, on-line postcards and greeting cards and unlicensed merchandise (whether sold, bartered or given away) is expressly prohibited. No Materials from this site or any web site owned or operated by Skateworld Tacoma may be copied, reproduced, uploaded, posted or transmitted, without prior written consent except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose without prior written consent is a violation of Skateworld Tacoma’s copyright and other proprietary rights. For purposes of these terms, the use of any such material on any other web site or networked computer environment is prohibited.
This site contains links to third-party web sites. These links are provided solely for your convenience. They are not an endorsement by us of the content of such third-party web sites. We are not responsible for the content or practices of linked third-party sites and do not make any representations or warranties about the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party web sites or the practices of such sites.
You must retain all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials on our site or on any copy you make of the materials. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose all or any portion of this site. You may not use any metatags or any other similar hidden text utilizing Skateworld Tacoma’s name, service marks or trademarks.
We may, in our sole discretion, modify, add or discontinue any aspect, content or feature of this site.
Skateworld San Diego has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: www.skateworldsantacoma.com.
We use your IP address only to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our web site.
This site contains links to other sites. www.skateworldtacoma.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
Our site uses a contact form for customers to request information, products, and services. We collect visitor’s contact information (such as their email address), name, and any other information they may submit. Contact information is used to respond to inquiries and to provide information about our company to our customers. The customer’s contact information is also used to get in touch with the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below. Financial information is used to bill the user for products and services.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Information sent through our order form is handled through a secure server, and no information is left on our server for any extended period of time. Strict procedures are in force in our offices to maintain the security of your information while your order or inquiry is being processed.
OPT-OUT & CORRECTIONS
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the visitor.
Correct/Update — This site gives users the option to change and to modify information previously provided as needed.
Contact Us-If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, please contact us using our online inquiry form or call us at 858-560-9349.
THIS SITE AND THE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS, AS-AVAILABLE BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, SKATEWORLD, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATIONAL CONTENT. CERTAIN STATES DO NOT ALLOW DISCLAIMERS OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO ONE OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You understand and expressly agree that use of this site and the materials is at your sole risk and that this site and the materials may not be current, complete, uninterrupted, accurate or error-free. We make no representation or warranty regarding the use, validity, security, accuracy, currency, completeness, reliability or the results from the use of this site or the materials and do not assume any liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the Materials or any actions taken or not taken in reliance upon the materials. The materials may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current and, therefore, we reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL SKATEWORLD TACOMA, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES,AGENTS, AFFILIATES OR ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES FOR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, COMPUTER VIRUSES REGARDLESS OF THE CHANNEL BY WHICH THEY ARE SPREAD, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA, GOODWILL OR OTHER INTANGIBLES,) ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO THESE TERMS, THIS SITE, THE MATERIALS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR THE MATERIALS), OR ANY INFORMATION, GOODS OR SERVICES CONTAINED ON OR OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE, EVEN IF SKATEWORLD TACOMA HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT OR WARRANTY). CERTAIN STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Skateworld Tacoma and its affiliates and their officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all third-party claims, liability, injuries, actions, demands, costs or expenses (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees) of any nature arising from or relating to your use of this site or the Materials, material that you post to this site or otherwise provide to Skateworld Tacoma, or your breach or violation of these terms. Skateworld Tacoma reserves the right to defend any such claim, and you agree to provide Skateworld Tacoma with such reasonable cooperation as it may request.
As stated previously, the use of any of the material on our site is strictly prohibited without prior written consent. The rights to some of the photographs on our site belong to the photographer and not Skateworld Tacoma. At no time will permission be granted to use any material for commercial purposes. If you are interested in using any material on our site in a non-commercial manner, please send an e-mail to us requesting permission. Include in your e-mail the reasons you would like to use the material and how it would be distributed. Permission is granted at our sole discretion on an individual basis only and is given only for the specific purpose requested.